Date: 27 October 2014
Time: 14:00 – 17:00
The final SIRIUS stakeholder meeting on the issue of mentoring will take place in association with the SUPREME mentoring project that has been developed by a varied and strong partnership where 4 VETs, EU VET association, SME associations and policy makers work together to increase the cooperation between VETs and the world of work. The conference will allow participants to:
- Learn about good practices in the field of preventing early school leaving and youth unemployment
- Experience how mentoring binds education and industry on a European level
- Explore state of the art mentoring results in European countries
- Involve decision makers in order to secure the mentor methodology and the cooperation of industry and education in Europe
- Receive their own copy of the Supreme mentoring manual and work and promo tools, as well as the European Network for Educational Support Projects Handbook on Mentoring and SIRIUS Policy Brief on Mentoring.
Thomas Huddleston (Migration Policy Group) will speak during the plenary session on “The added value of European cooperation in mentoring, to serve migrant youth“, after a number of other speakers who will have dealt with:
- The added value of mentoring for youth (mr. Guydolph Dijkstra, mentee, mentor and studentmanager of MentorProgramma Friesland)
- The added value of mentoring for business (mr. Philippe Vanrie, director of European Business and Innovation Network)
- The added value of mentoring for education and government (mr. Veli Sarikaya, president of Provincial Directorate of National Education, Bursa, Turkey)
- The added value of mentoring to society, in relation to corporate social responsibility (mr. Paul de Kuijer, liaison officer Shell International – to be confirmed)
Sarah Cooke O’Dowd (Migration Policy Group) and Ibrahim Elmaagac (NPoint) will make SIRIUS and ENESP information on mentoring for migrant youth available during the Roundtable sessions.
Registration and more information:
Participation is free of charge, but registration is required. Please request attendance by sending an email to email@example.com with your name, company/organisation/college.
For any further information on the project you can contact Ms. Szilvia Simon and Hendrik Jan Hoekstra Tel: (0031)58 284 2547 www.supreme-mentoring.eu / www.mentorprogrammafriesland.nl