Summary of the project
The project is a direct follow-up of the SIRIUS-initiated project PERAE. The empirical assessments and findings of PERAE represent the basis for a transnational exchange of good practice and experience on an international and EU level to enhance the education of refugee and asylum seeking youth. The findings compiled within national and a transnational comparative report will contribute to the initiation of transnational sharing of experience and good practice and to the development of policy and practice tools.
Aims/Objectives of the project
The overall objective of the project is to promote equal and equitable opportunities in education for refugee and asylum seeking youth in Europe. This is pursued via a set of specific objectives:
- To facilitate the exchange of experience and good practice in refugee education among different groups of stakeholders (school staff, policy makers, NGOs, governmental organizations, refugee and asylum seeking youth) and among different countries;
- To generate mutual learning effects in refugee education;
- To increase the ability of stakeholders to apply functioning methods and strategies for the support of the education of refugee and asylum seeking youth across European countries;
- To increase multi-stakeholder and transnational cooperation in the education of refugee and asylum seeking youth.
The project addresses and involves in the action school staff, policy makers, NGOs, governmental organizations, refugee and asylum seeking youth and experts.
- Centre for Migration and Intercultural Studies (CeMIS)
- Migration Policy Group (MPG)
- Multi Kulti Collective
- European forum for migration studies
- University of Western Macedonia
- Leeds Beckett University
RefuEdu project is funded by the European Commission, DG Education and Culture, Erasmus+
Deliverables / output of the project
The following deliverables will be produced;
- Transnational mutual learning activities where stakeholders will learn and exchange about good practices in refugee education;
- A policy and practice Handbook on refugee and asylum seeker youth’ education with indicators to track the adoption and implementation of the recommendations;
- An international dissemination conference.
Coordinator of the project