Why we collect information
We collect data to:
- Allow you to use our services (such as, logging in, tracing, communicating and managing your subscription); and
- Improve our services for you.
Information We Collect
- When you visit our website http://www.sirius-migrationeducation.org/ , we collect the information you knowingly provide (for instance, when you fill in forms on the website to contact us or when you subscribe to our mailing lists). Such information may include your personal information. Personal information is any information by which you may be personally identifiable, such as name, email address, telephone number and any other information the website collects that is identified as personally identifiable information under an appropriate law. Those who want to receive our newsletter are required to provide necessary personal information, including name, email address, name of the organisation, and country. We will never sell your data to a third party. We may however share your data with governmental agencies if we are under a legal obligation to do so.
- The site stores only login data (user name, password and email address) of the users. However, user registration data are protected and not accessible even to the site administrator.
- SIRIUS also collects information through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. The website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service. The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, United States. Web analytics is the collection, gathering, and analysis of data about the behaviour of visitors to websites. Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to gather website traffic information (how often users visit a site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used before arriving to a site) and spreads such information to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate their IP address with any other data held by Google.
Data storage and location
We only store your data no longer than we need it. For instance, we only store the last 10 locations (and delete all previous locations), but we keep your account data for as long as you stay with us.
Our servers are in 220.127.116.11. Location, Berlin, Land Berlin, Germany (DE). The Servers are 24h protected by STRATO ServerSide AntiVirus against virus (including the email accounts).
The server stores the domain name and IP address of visitors. The related log files, however, anonymise IP address and domain name of the visitors.
Contacting Us About Your Personally Identifiable Information
If you have submitted personally identifiable information through our website, you have the right to ask for a copy, edit or delete your information from our database. We use email links located on the contact us page in our website to allow you to speak to us directly with any questions, requests or comments you may have. The email address is presented below. You may also click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
Links to Other Websites
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of data sent by websites to your computer or mobile phone. They are stored in the web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari) to smoothly process your visit. They do so by saving your browsing preferences and responding appropriately on your next visit to the web site.
Cookies used on this website
- Sessions Cookies follow your journey through the website, but do not identify you personally. Without these cookies, every page you visited would treat you as a completely new visitor.
- Performance cookies collect anonymous data that show how well our website is performing. We use Google Analytics to gain insights on how visitors use the site and how we can improve their browsing experience. Google Analytics collects information such as IP addresses and visitor behaviour (frequency of visits, viewed page, etc).
- Geo-targeting cookies try to work out what country you are in from the information supplied by your browser when you click on a web page. This cookie is completely anonymous, and we only use it to help target our content.
- Social sharing cookies are contained in social buttons that allow our readers to share our content through social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. If you click on a social media button, most will also set a third-party cookie.
How to turn off cookies
Need more information on cookies? Visit www.allaboutcookies.org